After releasing the beta version last month, the PS5 version 7.0 update has been officially rolled out to gamers today. The update adds several new features, including the PS5 console’s integrated Discord voice chat system and VRR (variable refresh rate) support for 1440p resolution.
The update allows for smoother visuals when playing VRR-enabled games with a VRR-compatible HDMI 2.1 monitor at 1440p resolution. In addition, players can update the DualSense handle wirelessly.
The main updates are attached to are as follows:
- PS5 console Discord voice chat system integration
- Apply for screen sharing directly from the friend profile screen
- Add the “Join the game” shortcut button in the party interface
- Show “Friends who are playing this game” on the main game page
- Customize the entry requirements for multiplayer games
- VRR support for 1440p resolution
- Add more monitor models that can connect to PS5 and enable 2K resolution
- Manually upload game screenshots to the PS App
- Dual sense firmware is now wirelessly upgradeable
- Added sorting and filtering to the game library
- PS5 to PS5 data transfer made more portable
- PS4 to PS5 archive migration optimization
- Voice assistant function upgrade (English)