ZTE New OpenCloudOS officially released and open-sourced the New OpenCloudOS Extraordinary Desktop Environment (EX-NDE for short). With an installation package size of 104M, the lightweight desktop environment takes up fewer resources, optimises resource usage and improves overall operational efficiency. Now the OpenCloudOS community has brought you an introduction to EX-NDE.
The New Pivot EX-NDE desktop environment is divided into two main bodies: the desktop component and the NDE-Wayland architecture.
- The desktop component is based on QT, which is a lightweight, compatible and easy-to-use system. The portability and ease of use of the QT-based desktop system, compared to the GTK interface, make it more popular among developers in GUI development scenarios and provides a desktop interaction that is more in line with Chinese people’s habits.
- NDE-Wayland architecture: Using the current mainstream Wayland architecture, the desktop can run in a more lightweight environment, and more importantly, under the current trend of mobile chips, the Wayland architecture will soon replace x11 as the mainstream, and will be more compatible with the mobile ecosystem in the future.
With the support of the above two lightweight solutions, the New Pivot EX-NDE desktop environment is a super-converged intelligent lightweight desktop system that can run smoothly on various smart devices with low configuration.
New Pivot Ultra Desktop was originally designed to support easier access to various applications, files and settings on a computer, creating a secure and autonomous open-source desktop platform. The Ultra Desktop environment consists of several major components such as File Manager, Taskbar, Settings, Login Module and Notification Centre.
The File Manager in Ultra Desktop is used to manage files and folders on the computer, enabling users to browse, search, sort, copy and paste files, while also providing security features to protect user data.
Its main features are as follows:
- Intuitive interface: uses a clean interface design, allowing users to better navigate and manipulate files.
- Quick search: The search performance is strong, allowing users to find the files they need quickly.
- Intelligent classification: files can be automatically classified according to file type, making it easier to manage files.
- Batch operation: Support batch operation, you can select multiple files at once and copy, move, delete etc.
- Security protection: Provides security features that can protect users’ data from unauthorised access.
- Efficient management: Helps users to manage files and folders efficiently and increase work efficiency.
The taskbar in Ultra Desktop is a small toolbar located on the desktop and is used to quickly launch applications, access system settings, or switch between different desktops. The taskbar is usually located at the bottom of the screen and can be moved by clicking on an icon, right-clicking or dragging. It also provides various useful features, such as a notification area, quick launch bar, tray widgets and more, allowing users to manage and use their computer more easily.
The main functions of the taskbar include:
- Launching applications: By clicking on the application icon on the taskbar, you can quickly launch the corresponding application.
- Access to system settings: The taskbar provides a shortcut icon for system settings, which allows users to quickly access the relevant settings page by clicking on the icon.
- Switching desktops: Click on the desktop switcher on the taskbar to quickly switch desktops, allowing users to access the same application on a different desktop.
- Show desktop: Minimise all windows to the taskbar to quickly hide all windows and display icons and files directly to the desktop for easy operation.
- Close all windows: Close all windows to quickly close all open applications and free up computer resources.
The New Fulcrum EX-NDE Desktop Environment open source community address: click here for the link.