Over the years ZTE has made it a custom to release a device with an under-display selfie sensor, this year the AXON 40 Ultra is its new entry. This device just like previous under-display camera devices from ZTE conceals the selfie camera. The selfie camera now hides under the phone’s screen, giving users a full display with no interruptions. Asides from the under-display screen, the AXON 40 Ultra comes with amazing specs and features.
ZTE AXON 40 Ultra specs and features
This device launched alongside the ZTE AXON 40 Pro, but the two devices don’t have much in common in terms of design and specs. To get a full glimpse of what the 40 Ultra looks like, check our unboxing in this article. The new ZTE under-display camera device comes with the following specs:
- Screen: 6.8 inches AMOLED with a 93.1% screen-to-body ratio and a 144Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.
- Storage: The device has the following storage configurations: 8GB/256GB, 12GB/256GB, 12GB/512GB, and 1TB/16GB.
- Main Camera: Quad setup, with a 64MP main camera, 64MP ultra-wide camera, and a 64MP periscope telephoto.
- Front Camera: 16MP front-facing under-display camera.
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charge.
- Operating System: MyOS 12, based on Android 12.
- Biometrics: On-screen fingerprint scanner.
The AXON 40 Ultra display is so good that it is on par with rival displays from the likes of Samsung flagship devices. A few smartphone manufacturing companies have tried the under-display camera design on their smartphones yet none of them is close to what ZTE accomplished with the AXON 40 Ultra. This device is a design marvel.
ZTE AXON 40 Ultra price and availability
The AXON 40 series launch took place in China and will be available for sale first in China. A global launch is to come in the months ahead. This is a flagship level device, hence it comes with premium level specs and prices.
- 8/256GB version 4998 yuan (~$743)
- 12/256GB version 5298 yuan (~$787)
- 12/512GB version 5798 yuan (~$861)
- 16/1TB version 7298 yuan (~$1084)
This under-display device is currently on pre-sale via this link. The actual sale of this device will start on the 13th of May 2022.