The TATA Nexon EV MAX isn’t the Indian automobile manufacturer’s first attempt at an electric vehicle. In 2019, the company announced their first EV, this was a new era of mobility for the company. That dream is still much alive as the Tata Nexon EV MAX made its debut appearance. This new electric vehicle is a refreshed model of the already existing Tata Nexon EV. This car features a longer driving range on a single charge, faster charging, and so much more. It also comes in a total of four trims with three colour options.
Battery capacity and charging speed on the Nexon EV MAX
The Nexon EV MAX comes in XZ+ and XZ+ LUX, with each offering two charger options. This makes up the four trims available, the XZ+ and XZ+ Lux both have a standard 3.3kW and 7kW AC fast charger option. This power supply energizes the 40.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack that comes packed with this new electric vehicle. Compared to the previous Nexon EV model, this new model features a 33% increase in battery capacity.
This new and improved battery offers a travel distance of 437 km on a single charge. The battery produces 105kW power resulting in a 250Nm torque driving the car to 100 km from start in just 9sec. Asides from the 3.3kW and 7kW chargers that come with the new Tata Nexon, the car can also be charged by a 50kW DC fast charge from 1-100% capacity in an hour plus.
Design, additional features, and price
The external design of this car doesn’t change much compared to the previous model, it still comes with a standard electric SUV look. But internally, you can spot a few changes, such as the control panel, which comes in a Makarana Beige design. The gear selector now adopts the Jewelled Control Knob with a better display for visibility.
The following are noteworthy features of the Tata Nexon EV MAX:
- Harman Infotainment System helps to connect the vehicle to Android Auto or the Apple car play.
- With the inbuilt wireless smartphone charger, you don’t need to worry about taking a charging connector for your phone with you on every ride.
- Electronic Parking Brake.
- The auto-dimming IRVM uses an electro-chromatic inside the rearview mirror to detect coming light and dim according. So driving on a sunny day isn’t annoying as in other cars.
This EV is available for booking now and will sell in order of the models and their charger capacity. Below are the prices in India.
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ 3.3 kW: 17,74,000 lakh.
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ 7.2 kW AC Fast Charger: 18,24,000 lakh.
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ Lux 3.3 kW: 18,74,000 lakh.
- Nexon EV MAX XZ+ Lux 7.2 kW AC Fast Charger: 19,24,000 lakh.