Sony’s new flagship device Xperia 1 IV is official and following it is the world’s lightest 5G device, the Xperia 10 IV. These devices conform to Sony’s design language and feature little change in design when compared to previous devices. The main selling point of the Xperia 1 IV is the professional camera abilities. Sony tries to embed more features from its digital cameras into the mobile camera, this device will appeal to vloggers and photography lovers.
Sony Xperia 1 IV specs and features
As stated earlier, on this device, the emphasis is channelled towards its camera abilities. But, the 1 IV comes with some decent flagship specifications. An up-to-date flagship processor and Android version. A long-lasting battery with support for fast charge, make up this device. Here are the basic specs of the Xperia 1 IV:
- Screen: 6.5 inches OLED with an 84.2% screen-to-body ratio and support for a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.
- Storage: 12GB/256GB and 12GB/512GB.
- Main Camera: Quad setup with a 12MP wide camera, 12MP telephoto camera, a 12MP ultrawide, and 0.3MP ToF depth sensor.
- Front Camera: 12MP front-facing camera.
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 30W fast charge.
- Operating System: Android 12.
- Biometrics: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The Quad Camera setup on this device has a better zoom capability than the Xperia 1 III from last year. The cameras on this device have support for OIS, ensuring more stable videos and images free from image distortion due to unsteady hands.
Sony Xperia 1 IV price and availability
At launch sales for this device were open, and it will retail for 9,926 yuan (~£1400). The Chinese launch will be on May 23 and delivery will commence in the month of June.