The Nikon Z 8 flagship full-frame camera has been previously reported by multiple sources, with the specifications being a downgraded version of the Z 9, a product that many users have been waiting for. According to the latest news from Nikon’s official website, the Nikon Z 8 is expected to really come.
The Nikon Z 8 camera page was recently launched on Nikon Pakistan’s official website, and although nothing was revealed, the space has been vacated for a placeholder.
There’s also new news on Nikon’s German website, which officially says there are 10 Nikon mirrorless cameras, while only nine have actually been released so far.
According to Nikon Rumors, the Nikon Z 8 pre-launch campaign is expected to kick off this week, with an official release expected around May 9 and shipping in late May or early June. The Nikon Z 8 camera is internally codenamed Q2070 and is known as the “mini Z 9”.
A brief summary of some Nikon Z 8-related news:
- The Z8 is a combination of the Z7 and Z9
- Similar body size to the D850
- Features an improved EVF
- Same sensor as the Z9
- Some of the Z9’s features will be devolved to the Z8
- Uses the same EN-EL15c battery as the Z7
- Battery grip support
- 8K 60 fps video
- Dedicated USB-C power port for charging/continuous use
- Body or kit €4,500 (currently approx. RMB 33,210)