As we all know, Microsoft Windows 11 system updates are pushed in stages, a large version may take several weeks to be pushed to complete. For users who want to get the new features as soon as possible, there seems to be no other way than to join the preview version.
Twitter user @PhantomOfEarth has discovered a hidden option in the latest Canary Preview Build 25314 of Microsoft Windows 11 to get Windows updates as soon as possible.
The newest version of Windows 11, Build 25314, has a hidden option to get Windows updates as soon as possible, but it proves that Microsoft is already developing the feature.
lists the opening methods for everyone (it is risky, do not open it on the main machine):
- Upgrade your Windows 11 system to Canary preview version 25314
- Download Vive Tool from the GitHub repository
- Extract the Vive Tool file to a directory
- Launch Windows Terminal as an administrator and switch to a command prompt
- Use the CD command to navigate to the Vive Tool’s folder. For example, CD C:\Vive
- Type vivetool /enable /id:43132439 and press Enter
- Restart the computer