Microsoft today released the KB5025310 update for Windows Insider program members in the Beta channel for Win11, with the version number rising to Build 22621.1546 and Build 22624.1546 after installation.
Microsoft has re-emphasized in the changelog that
- Windows 11 Build 22624.1546 preview version will enable new features/functionality by default.
- Windows 11 Build 22621.1546 preview version will disable new features/functionality by default.
The following improvements to the Win11 Build 22624.1546 preview version:
In the changelog of the previous version, the Win11 system provides Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) feature, but actually, users cannot enable it. We have updated that blog post. The ability of devices to enable the CABC feature is also dependent on the OEM manufacturer. Therefore, not all laptops or 2-in-1 devices offer this feature.
- Improved search performance in the Settings app.
- Pressing the Print Screen button will open the Snipping Tool tool by default. Users can turn this setting off by going to Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard. If the user has previously set this setting on their own, it will be automatically retained.
- Under Settings > Multitasking, the Snap Window recent tab limit has been increased to 20 options. These tabs can be seen using the ALT + TAB shortcut or in the Snap Assist view, where the previous options included “No tabs”, “Last 3 tabs” and “Last 5 Tabs”.
Win11 Build 22624.1546 fixes:
Fixes an issue where text input features such as the touch keyboard, voice input, and emoji panel may not start.
Fixes an issue where the buttons in the settings layout of the Pinyin Input Method could not be seen after the comparison theme was enabled.
Fixes an issue that some details in the performance page could not be displayed correctly before resizing the window or switching pages back and forth.