Microsoft Edge developers have returned with a new weekly beta update for Dev channel users. Android users also get an improved ad blocker and the ability to change the homepage wallpaper.
However, the latest Edge Dev update also proves that preview testing is risky. There have been several reports of browser loops crashing and Microsoft has confirmed the issue and promised to release the necessary fixes as soon as possible.
Users whose Microsoft Edge Dev 110.0.1587.1 is not crashing will find the following changes.
- The new ad blocker feature now allows blocking ads by long press.
- It is now possible to change the wallpaper on the new tab page.
- Added experimental permission management API.
- New policies (note: updates to document and admin templates may not have happened yet)
- Print preview sticky settings policy.
- Touch mode policy.
- Policy for disabling immersive reader syntax tools.
- Fixed browser crashes associated with out-of-memory conditions when visiting certain shopping sites.
- Fixed browser crashes related to invalid visits in web vectors.
- Fixed a browser crash associated with McAfee Drive Encryption.
- Fixed a browser crash related to WebAuthn autofill being disabled due to an issue.
- Fixed a browser crash when activating full-screen mode.
- Fixes a browser crash when using the translator.
- Fixed browser crashes when viewing a new tab page.
- Fixed the issue that the browser crashes when downloading files.
- Fixes a browser crash caused by too many conditional access workflow retries when remediation policies fail on Android.
Users can download the Microsoft Edge Dev browser for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android from the official Edge Insider website,