Microsoft released a new feature update for the Edge Dev channel, version upgraded to 109.0.1481.0, bringing new switches including Internet Explorer mode, the option to open sidebar games in a new tab, and several improvements to WebView2 (the recently released WinUI 2). has learned that the update also contains a number of fixes and minor improvements.
Here are the updates
- Added a switch to open this page in compatibility view to the Add Page prompt on the Internet Explorer mode page.
- Added a button to open in a new tab in the sidebar game.
- Added support for file upload in UWP
- Added IDL validator tool.
- Improved reliability.
- Fixed an issue with the auto-fill account selection menu without inputting credentials.
- Fixed browser crash of auto-fill dialog when using arrow keys to navigate to the cross button or pressing Tab or Shift + Delete when the focus is on the cross button.
- Fixed a browser crash when using Find Page in PDF viewer.
- Fixed a sidebar issue that caused the browser to crash.
- Fixed a browser crash when signing out a profile in the workspace.
- Fixed a crash issue related to the sidebar.
- Fixed a browser crash issue related to HDR videos.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain websites.
- Fixed a browser crash when clicking the performance button after closing the child mode window.
- Fixed a browser crash when entering or exiting full screen.
- Fixed a crash issue related to recommended updates.
- Fixed a browser crash related to the support home button.
- Fixes a crash when interacting with visual search results.
- Fixes a browser crash on startup.
- Fixes a browser crash related to notifications.
- Fixes a browser crash when bold text is enabled in Android settings.
Fixes a browser crash related to account synchronization.
- Fixes a crash when clicking on the thumbnail view on the taskbar and moving the focus to the WebView2 window.
- Fixed a visual hosting crash in Windows 10 Anniversary Update and earlier versions.
Users can download Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider site. the browser is available on Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11), macOS, Linux, Android and iOS (closed beta). Microsoft plans to release Edge 109 to the public during the week of January 12, 2023.