Ahead of CES 2023, MediaTek today announced the latest chipset in its Genio platform for IoT devices — Genio 700, an octa-core chipset designed for smart home, smart retail and industrial IoT products.
The Genio 700 will be available as part of MediaTek’s CES 2023 booth demonstration, according to the company. Focused on energy efficiency, the chipset is an N6 (6nm) process IoT chipset with two ARM A78 cores running at 2.2 GHz and six ARM A55 cores at 2.0 GHz, along with a 4.0 TOPs AI gas pedal. genio 700 also supports FHD 60p + 4K 60p display, and an ISP for better images.
The Genio 700 SDK is described as allowing designers to customize products using Yocto Linux, Ubuntu and Android. With this support, customers can easily develop their own products with minimal effort, regardless of the type of application.
Additional features of the MediaTek Genio 700 include
- Support for high-speed interfaces, including PCIe 2.0, USB 3.2 Gen1 and camera MIPI-CSI interfaces
- Dual display support for FHD 60p + 4K 60p, AV1, VP9, H.265 and H.264 (video decoding)
- Supports industrial grade design with wide temperature 10-year life span
- ARM SystemReady certification for standard and easy platform integration
- ARM PSA certification for improved security
The MediaTek Genio 700 will be commercially available starting in the second quarter of 2023.