According to foreign media reports, with Samsung Display and LG Display, the two major panel manufacturers in South Korea, in the more complex technology, but also more profitable OLED panels, this type of panel is also an important export product for them.
The latest reports from foreign media show that in the data released by the South Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, the export value of OLED panels in 2022 reached $15.1 billion, up 4% year-on-year, maintaining growth for the third consecutive year.
In addition to OLED panels, LG Display also produced LCD panels for TVs in South Korea last year, while Samsung Display is also increasing production capacity for QD-OLED panels, which are also exported.
Data released by South Korea’s Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy also shows that among the panels they exported last year, OLED panels accounted for 60%, while the remaining 40% were other types of panels.
In terms of OLED panels, Samsung Display and LG Display, the two Korean manufacturers, have different strengths, the former has a clear advantage in small and medium-sized OLED panels required for smartphones, is the main supplier of OLED panels required for the iPhone, but also to other manufacturers; LG Display’s strength is in large-sized OLED panels required for TVs, etc., but in the smartphones required for LG Display’s strength is in large OLED panels for TVs, etc., but they are also making progress in OLED panels for smartphones, and are supplying large quantities for the iPhone.