According to MacRumors, a source says that the iPhone 14 Pro will have a very unique lock screen feature and a very different status bar. Previously, sources said that the “exclamation point” shaped punch hole in the iPhone 14 Pro model could be set into a full “pill” shape.
▲ Pictured from MacRumors, same below
MacRumors notes that the iOS 16 lock screen will be directly associated with the iPhone 14 Pro’s rest screen display interface, with integrated features such as notifications, depth of field effects, and wallpaper colors.
The iPhone 14 Pro’s status bar will also change as more space becomes available at the top of the screen, with the cellular signal logo moving to the left and the full battery status bar re-displaying in the center of notifications when the screen is locked and the device is locked.
Sources have shared several images purportedly based on Apple information showing some of the differences and providing further information about the iPhone 14 Pro. iPhone 14 Pro will have the following features and changes.
- Lock screen wallpaper with depth-of-field effect when the screen is in a constant light state, the background will be removed and completely darkened while the foreground will be darkened. In addition, the foreground will be set with user-defined colors and feature edge highlights.
- To prevent OLED aging, on-screen widgets will always be displayed on the screen but will fade in and out at set intervals.
- Both lock screen displays must be configured in the same way and cannot be separated, which means they must share the same wallpaper, color choices, fonts, and widgets. The core visual elements of the always-on display itself can be customized independently.
- Notifications will be part of the iPhone 14 Pro’s rest screen display experience and, like the regular lock screen, will scroll in from the bottom each time and remain faintly visible for 10 seconds. Once the display is awakened, notifications will start animating from the bottom and continue with user-defined settings for how notifications appear on the lock screen (such as count, stack, or list).
- Apple may also allow users to enable a notification counter at the bottom of the “display state”.
In addition, sources say Apple is also planning to release an update to the iPhone 14 Pro shortly after its release, such as iOS 16.0.1 or 16.1, which will fix the device’s rest screen display and wallpaper issues.