Intel today announced a new Intel vPro platform based on the full range of 13th generation Intel Core processors.
This year, vPro commercial devices further expand the lineup with more than 170 related laptops, desktops and entry-level workstations from partners such as Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Panasonic and Samsung.
Intel said the new Intel vPro platform has numerous security features built into the chip that provide protection against critical threats, reducing the attack surface by approximately 70 percent compared to a four-year old PC. The new IT-enabled memory encryption in Windows improves virtualization-based security to the point where Intel’s threat detection technology gives customers more endpoint detection and response (EDR) vendor options to more efficiently detect the latest threats.
Intel officials that the new vPro platform is a 13th generation Intel Core processor-based platform with a high-performance hybrid architecture with new performance cores and more energy-efficient cores on some models, smarter task classification through Intel hardware thread scheduler, and improved energy efficiency through Intel dynamic tuning technology. Intel vPro devices are optimized for modern business computing and also feature Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+), Thunderbolt4 and other technologies.
According to Intel, Intel vPro units based on 13th Generation Intel Core deliver significant performance improvements, including
- 65% performance improvement in Windows software compared to older desktops that are 3 years old;
- 45 percent faster content creation while multitasking compared to current AMD desktops;
- 2.3x performance improvement in Windows software compared to a 3-year old mobile PC;
- 40% performance improvement in Windows software compared to current AMD laptops; 25% performance improvement in business software compared to Apple M2;
- 58% faster report generation during collaboration compared to current AMD laptops.