Haval has officially announced the latest OTA upgrade plan description, saying that it will provide intelligent maintenance and power conservation strategies for Haval Xiaolong MAX, Haval Xiaolong, and Haval II Big Dog within this year Wait for function upgrades.
Dear Haval owners:
Thank you for your opinions and suggestions on the OTA upgrade. The upgrade plan you have been waiting for is here! At present, some models have completed the planning and entered the actual development stage. They are now announced as follows:
- Functional upgrades: intelligent maintenance, USB music folder classification function, battery maintenance strategy improvement, power on and off control logic, Bluetooth and adaptive cruise function optimization, etc.
- Applicable models: Haval Xiaolong MAX, Haval Xiaolong (differences in vehicle platform and functions when it is launched, mainly based on optimization, the actual upgrade shall prevail)
- It can be said that PHEV ON switches on high voltage, PHEV energy consumption display, power display function upgrade, etc. (third generation Haval H6, Haval Big Dog)
- Intelligent maintenance, battery maintenance strategy improvement, voice function optimization, Bluetooth function optimization, etc. (Haval Big Dog II)
- Function upgrade: mobile phone interconnection HiCar+ICCOA, application mall, USB music folder classification, etc.
- Applicable models: Haval Xiaolong MAX, Haval Big Dog II, Haval H6S, Haval Cool Dog, Haval Divine Beast
In response to online reports that the Haval Xiaolong MAX “feels like it cannot maintain its battery”, Haval officially responded that the first OTA upgrade plan for the Haval Xiaolong MAX will be pushed out in early September, and software optimization and upgrades will be carried out, especially for congested road conditions:
- When the SOC is lower than 2% of the mandatory power maintenance target, the starting speed is reduced from 30kph to 10kph to increase the power generation capacity;
- In series/high-speed direct drive mode, the charging torque of the engine is increased to improve the charging capacity;
- The remaining safe power of the power battery is displayed to eliminate the user’s anxiety about power conservation.
Qiao Xinyu, executive deputy general manager of the Haval brand, said that it is a special case to set up mandatory power guarantees for congested road conditions, and the power will not increase but decrease:
- When the vehicle speed is lower than 30km, there is no charging, only discharging, which is equivalent to no water entering, only water flowing out. The water level in the pool will drop, and the power will be the same. However, when the power is as low as 2%, the engine will start to charge, and the power will be balanced at around 12%, which is normal. drive.
- There is a need for intense driving or high-power discharge. In order to meet the needs of acceleration/overtaking/sustained high speed, the battery will discharge with high power to ensure the driver’s driving intention. If the battery is charged less and discharged more at this time, the battery will also decrease. If you want to charge quickly, it is recommended not to drive too intensely.
Qiao Xinyu particularly emphasized that no matter whether it is urban or highway, no matter which mode is used, even if the battery guarantee conditions are not met, and even if the battery level on the meter enters the red zone, there is no need to worry about running out of battery. When the power of Haval Xiaolong MAX is as low as about 2%, it will start the engine and enter a series connection to start charging to ensure the power consumption for driving. (It will generally balance around 12%, and the low-battery driving experience will become worse). Not to mention that there will be no loss of power due to the so-called “power cannot be maintained”.