The city reported that BYD will launch the Yuan PLUS Championship Edition model on September 15, and the adjustments and upgrades in the configuration of the car have been exposed.
The summary is as follows:
- The appearance of the new oxygen blue (no price increase) and Rhythmic Purple (2,000 yuan option) are two colour schemes while cancelling the parkour red colour scheme.
- Interior new light luxury rice two-colour accessories.
- New ventilated and heated front seats.
- Privacy glass is added to the rear door and rear windshield.
- A 3D Transparent Panoramic Image is added.
- New “Intelligent Power On/Off” function.
- Added two new modes: Parent-Child Mode and Screen Wipe Mode (expected to be an anti-touch mode when wiping the car’s screen).
According to the report, the Yuan PLUS Champion Edition model follows the styling design of the current model, body dimensions are expected to be the same as the current model, with length, width and height of 4455/1875/1615mm respectively, wheelbase 2720mm.
▲ Source online car market’s new energy section “Zhidian Travel”, the same below
In terms of power, it is expected that the new car will continue to be equipped with a maximum power of 150kW, peak torque of 310N・m drive motor and range of 430km, 510km.
Referring to BYD’s previous “Champion Edition” model strategy, the Yuan PLUS Champion Edition is expected to be priced lower than the current model. The current Yuan PLUS model price range is 13.98-16.78 million yuan. In addition, BYD’s Yuan family achieved sales of 32,662 units in August this year. In addition to the Yuan PLUS, the series also has a small SUV model, the Yuan Pro, but the Yuan PLUS accounted for most of the series’ sales.