Samsung accidentally released the One UI 6.0 Beta 2 update for the Galaxy S23 series not too long ago, but it was quickly withdrawn. Now, the Galaxy S23 series has received the One UI 6.0 Beta 3 update.
The One UI 6.0 Beta 3 update for the Galaxy S23 series is based on Android 14 and has been pushed out in the U.S., India, and Germany with firmware version S91xUSQU1ZWI8, which includes the September 2023 security patch and is about 1.3GB in size.
The third One UI 6.0 beta for the Galaxy S23 series optimizes the layout of the video player and makes the controls easier to reach. The video player also adds speed controls, allowing users to choose from multiple playback speeds between 0.25x and 2.0x.
The changelog also mentions a number of improvements and fixes, including:
- Home screen crashes and lag
- Bixby call errors
- Issue causing lag when long-pressing the home screen
- An issue that caused the app to terminate when selecting video mode in the Camera app
- Samsung Pay not performing swipe gestures
- Notification bar color error when running apps in Samsung DeX
- “When you receive a message” routine does not work
- Added manual setting for automatic reboot in device maintenance
- Improved the shape of the notification icon for text messages
Known issues with One UI 6.0 Beta 3 include:
- Unable to install Kids app in One UI 6, this issue will be resolved in mid-September
- On-boarding failure when initializing Samsung Pass and logging back in after logging out of Samsung account
- Voice recognition “Answering call” error when answering a call
- Google Assistant error when swiping up in certain situations