Larian Studios official Weibo announced on Sunday that after a “rare compiler issue” caused a rollback, Baldur’s Gate 3 mini-patch 4 has now been redeployed. At the same time, the problem of not being able to continue to read the archive before the rollback after the previous patch rollback has also been resolved.
This mini-patch fixes some problems that cause the game to crash, the problem that the multiplayer mode character disappears, and optimizes Isobel’s health and some process script problems.
This update is as follows:
Crash and Blocking Problems
- Fixed an issue where the game process would get stuck due to the player staying in bed during a long break.
- Fixed being able to take a long rest in the Astral Prism, which could cause the portal to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where Orin would be pulled from the location of the Temple of Baal if the player opened the gate before killing Gotash in Wyvern Pass.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to read saved files.
- Fixed an issue where characters would disappear after disconnecting and reconnecting in split-screen mode.
- Host players will receive a warning message when console-joining players join the console during character creation. This player’s approval is required before new players can join his game.
- Slightly increased Isobel’s health to make her less prone to death.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Gotash to join the battle in Dragon Rock’s Great Hall when he was in the upstairs office.
- Fixed the problem that the cruel sting skill could stack infinitely with spiritual damage.
Process and script issues
- Fixed an issue where the “Enemy of God” debuff was not being properly removed from the player. This issue causes players to soft-block when talking to the Iron Guardian.
- Fixed an issue where the game would incorrectly identify the Monarch as dead in the Astral Prism when the player healed a downed ally.
- Players will now properly regenerate resources when Chapter 2 ends.
- Even if a member of the party dies, it will not prevent you from entering the Astral Prism.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t talk to Ravengard if, under certain circumstances, he was moved to the camp.
- Hostages in the Iron Throne will no longer get stuck if the player returns and enters again.
- If players reach level 13 by adding mods, cheats, or modifying save files, they will be able to travel to Hope’s Mansion.
- Killing Anders will no longer cause other paladins to leave the fort.